Please read the following disclaimer before enabling Automatic Insurance Rules on ShipSaver.
Auto-Insurance is a function that ShipSaver provides which (when turned on in the Preferences settings page) it will automatically insure your shipments for you when they get marked as shipped by the linked channel (eBay, Etsy, etc.). It will only auto insure items per the rules that you determine in the Automatic Insurance Rules, and you do not need to be logged into ShipSaver.
1. Default Shipping Method - The default shipping method is used when an item doesn't have a specified shipping carrier that is sent to us via the channel; sometimes channels like eBay do not send a shipping method along with the transaction. In these cases we set your default shipping method. Please contact our support team in the event the incorrect shipping method was recorded on your shipment. Do not wait until a claim is initiated. Your claim will not be successful if the incorrect shipping method was used for a shipment.
2. Auto-Insurance will automatically insure without you even logging in - so please make sure that you want your items automatically insured (per your rules). You will be charged for the items which are auto-insured.
3. Auto-Insurance is not perfect - There are some things which can cause it to fail - It's always recommended to check your items and make sure that it didn't miss any items that you wanted insured. If the Auto Insurance happens to miss one that you wanted, you will not be covered.
4. Combined Items - Auto-Insurance will try to automatically combine items for you which are combined via the channel that the transaction came from. This is not a perfect system, but it does catch 95% and combines them correctly. The items which are not combined but still meet your Auto Insurance requirements will be insured separately. It's always good to check your items once/day to make sure they are correct.
5. USD Only - ShipSaver does not provide currency conversion services. To help you adjust your Total Declared Value and reflect the correct price for sales in currencies other than USD, Auto-Insurance will not be applied for shipments in currencies other than USD. You will have to insure these shipments from the Shipments page.